Lanesborough Book Week
Each Lent Term the whole school devotes its timetable for a week to the love of reading and books.
- Each year we have visits from over half a dozen famous authors of children's books to speak to all the year groups.
- There are workshops on writing and performing. For instance, the Young Shakespeare Company perform to Years 6, 7 and 8.
- Each day half an hour is devoted to silent reading and so the whole school (all the teachers, boys and non-teaching staff) all take time out to enjoy their books.
- On one day in the week all the boys and staff dress up as a book character of their choice. There is then a competition in each year group for the best character. This is not simply a good home-made costume, it is about knowing the character from the book and explaining why they chose and enjoy them so much!
- Finally there is a big book swap where all the boys come in with books that they have read and swap them with other boys.
An amazing week for the boys and the staff.